Random updates and other miscellanea, in no particular order, because I haven't exactly posted much these days...
1. Still job searching. Well, vaguely, anyway. Was busy with publisher work for several weeks since my program ended mid-September, so I've really only been free to job search for about a week. And other things keep coming up. I've applied to a few jobs, nothing yet, but we'll see... I can survive on my earnings from the publisher until the new year, then I really really need to have some new income coming in. ^^;
2. Am back at school for three days this week, doing CLIA training (Cruise Lines International Assoc; they're the main internationally recognizned cruise lines association, and they represent all of the major cruise lines. They provide the main cruise selling training in the industry.) 2.5 days of seminars on selling cruises. It's good so far. Even if I don't end up in a company where I'm selling cruises, it's good general selling skills for me to learn. It was nice to see my former classmates again, and my instructor briefly. Got my mark for the last module I did before leaving, and for the damned project from hell that I completed the week I left (did I ever post about that here? Went nuts on that project; it was a group project that I basically did myself. Had a mini nervous breakdown at school on the second to last day of class. Rather embarrassing. ^^; It was a pretty damned fine looking project in the end, though, if I do say so myself! And I got 100% on it, so woo. Though granted, she doesn't exactly mark hard... this is hardly university anymore. o.o)
3. Watched season 1 of Slings and Arrows with quettalinde
, and flamebyrd
yesterday, which was fun! Am happy to introduce it to more people, because it is brilliant. Enjoyed it muchly the second time through (first ep was fun to watch now that I knew what was going on/who everyone was!). Geoffrey is still amazing and insane and gorgeous and generally awesome, Darren still cracks me up and I love him to death (the leather pants! the DUEL, oh my god), and everyone else is still awesome... first time I watched I didn't know that Martha Burns and Paul Gross were married, so it's funny to see them now and wonder what it must have been like for them playing opposite each other!
4. I'm finally, FINALLY, watching Battlestar Galactica. Go me, I know! Am almost finished season 2 (2 eps left) and am loving it so far. Don't have any interest in fandom yet, though, thank god. Do not need a new fandom! It's part of why I avoided it for so long. That and laziness. Also, the last ep I watched (2X18 'Downloaded', which was awesome btw) was the first ep that I finally saw some of Dad's art in! I knew he'd rented to them, but hadn't seen any yet... I got super excited, heh. Paintings that are currently in my house (or possibly the studio/storage place, not sure which...) were in the same room as Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, and James Callis! Nifty. Guess I should be used to this, but it's the first time in ages that his art's actually been on a show I'm watching and enjoying. ^^ Check it out - here's one
, and another
, and one more
5. Got my due South Secret Santa assignment today. Been brainstorming and have one idea, so we'll see...
6. I think that's about it. Well, there's one more thing I've been working on that I want to share, but I want to finish before I do so... am pretty close. And okay, most of you actually know what they are because you've seen them, but still. Want to finish then post to various communities to show off. XD
7. Speaking of showing off, I need to get off my ass and do a mini art post... got a few things, including a DS manip I did ages ago. And I've been working on this big DS wallpaper drawing thing for freaking ages, so when I FINALLY finish that I'll post it. Gotta get moving on dSSS first, though, and I'll be getting my yuletart
assignment any day now. Eek. Why do I do this to myself??
And now, bed... gotta get up at 6:30 for school, and kind of fell out of the habit after a month of being able to get up after 8. ^^;