Aaand, the big art dump... lots of different fandoms. Take a look, see if any interest you. :)
( links to art under cut )
Whew, done... this post took me 2 days. ^^; That's it for now, at least in the way of big posts. Some small stuff, mostly PB, coming soonish. Working on another Alex/Michael pic on the computer which I like okay other than Michael's face (that boy is HARD to draw, ya'll), and an Alex portrait (pencil) that I'm really quite pleased with so far.
For now, being v. lazy. Sitting here flipping between Chamber of Secrets on CBC and L&O: SVU on CTV. Was watching CoS until 10, then switched over to SVU... which I'll stick with for now thank you very much, since CoS is up to Aragog's lair and ewwwwww. Cannot handle that scene in the movie, it's hard enough in the book. o.o
Aaand, the big art dump... lots of different fandoms. Take a look, see if any interest you. :)
Lesse, mostly I've just been working on the last of my three essays from last term, on Benvenuto Cellini (an artist in 16th century Italy). It's for History; we have to analyze a primary source about a historical figure (autobiography, letters, diary...) and discuss one aspect of European social history based on that source. Cellini was one of the people on the list; he wrote a long and detailed autobiography about his life and work. I'm going to write about the role of the artist in Renaissance Italy or something like that. Finally finished reading it today (much skimming was involved...), and I'm reading some stuff from secondary sources to make sure that my thesis actually makes sense. o.o; Going to write it this weekend, I hope. Cannot wait to finally get these done so I can concentrate on this term's work.
Classes are going well and are interesting. Really love my Sociology of Sexualities course; interesting material and lectures. I have a group presentation in it next week, meep. Need to finish this essay before I can think about that. ;_; Children's Lit is interesting, too. We started Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban today. XD Happy happy. I was amused how she skirted around spoilers about book 6 when someone asked a question that is basically answered in it... everyone who had read it started laughing when she said "Well, maybe that will be answered in a later book..." It's strange to be looking at HP from a university/academic persepctive, after being a fan of it for so long...
Last weekend I went to a figure drawing class on Bowen - first time I'd ever taken a class. Finally, eh? Been drawing for upwards of 10 years and have never taken a class. @#60;_@#60; It was a great experience, drawing from a live model. And very nice to get hands-on advice and help. I have so far to go... *sigh* But I was fairly pleased with that I did, and I'd like to take more classes like this. I'm going back in April to do a portrait drawing one, so hopefully that'll be good. The guy who does them used to do workshops in France every year through Capilano College, but he retired this year and has started doing one-day workshops at his home on Bowen.
I feel like I should say something intelligent about the 100th episode of Smallville, but I don't have much to say... I enjoyed it, mostly. ( vague spoilers, nothing that wasn't advertised constantly, but cutting anyway )
Spent most of the evening thus far watching Spiderman on TBS over my dinner. ^^; Rather apropos, after the last Smallville and the constant choice between "I love her! But I can't tell her! But I love her! But it'll put her in danger!" etcetera, etcetera, ad infinitum. I like that movie, though. XD I want to see the 2nd one again; I remember liking it more than the first...
New dub episode of Naruto tonight. *coughs* *looks shifty* Yeah, I've been watching the occasional episode. It's not bad; most of the voices are pretty good, the censorship is very minimal afaik (they just cut "running blood" or something) and the translation is quite true to the Japanese one (ie. "genin/chuunin/jounin", "chakra", even "sensei"). The way they pronounce Naruto's name kinda irritates me, though. Anyway, they're starting the Chuunin Exam now, hence my excitement. First Gaara episode was last week; hard to tell from 2 lines what his voice is like, but it sounded okay. Not as deep or creepy as Ishida Akira's voice, but I'll see what it's like once he starts saying more. Tonight is the first Rock Lee episode! Meep, I'm nervous about what his voice will be like. Hope it's good. I spent awhile catching up on the manga a couple of weeks ago (I was about 25 chapters behind...) Still a few chapters from the most recent, but I'm mostly caught up. In some ways I prefer waiting and reading it in spurts; the chapters just seem to short when it's only once a week, and Kishimoto tends to spread things out over many chapters so it feels like it takes forever for something to actually happen. But it's nice reading 10-20 chapters at once. :)
I haven't had access to a scanner, so I still haven't scanned any of my fanart100 pictures. I've done 5-6 and have a couple that I'm working on. Not much chance to do them these days, but I try to work on them when I'm watching TV...
That's about it. Not a heck of a lot happening; just stressed out over my essay. Which I really really should be working on right now. I've gotten into the terrible habit of obsessively playing computer card games when I'm bored and don't have anything to do/don't want to work. On the plus side, the more I play the more sick I get of them so maybe this'll die out after awhile.
I've see this meme floating around for awhile, and have been meaning to do it...
I) I'll post ten things I'm a fan of.
II) You will attempt to guess my favourite character from each.
Upon your success, I'll put that line in bold, append the correct
answer, and write a sentence or so about my affection for that
character. (well, may or may not do the sentence...)
1. Angel Wesley, guessed by garran. And this comes as a surprise to who? XD I don't even know where to start in explaining why I love him so much; I suppose it comes down in part to my fascination with seeing how he changed and developed over the years, compounded by Alexis's brilliant acting. I loved him when he was bumbling around and falling over things in season 1, and when he was dark and broody and scruffy in season 4, and I love that his character development between those 2 points (and beyond) was completely organic.
2. Lost Sawyer, guessed by garran. Sex appeal aside (*ahem*), I find him a fascinating and multi-faceted character, and I'm looking forward to see where they go with his character development, especially in terms of his relationship with Jack (and Kate, I suppose). And he's one of those characters who can make you go from laughing to angsting in a moment...
3. Harry Potter Severus Snape, guessed by bk635. I find him one of the most intriquing, 3-dimensional characters in the books, possibly even the most. I love the ambiguous morality about him, and the idea that he can be a nasty son-of-a-bitch but still be on the side of good. And I remain optimistic even after HBP. :)
4. Firefly Mal, half guessed by garran, because his guess made me realize that I really have 2 favourites... so, there's still one more to guess. :)
5. Buffy (not sure that I really have a favourite, actually, but I'll choose the closest answer. ^^) Spike, guessed by garran. He's the closest I have to a favourite, anyway. As least until s6/7.
6. Lord of the Rings (it's actually a tie for this one, so either answer will count) One of them's Faramir (book!Faramir, that is), guessed by bk635 after a not-so-subtle clue. ;) Copy-pasting my explanation about why I liked him from my comment below: I'm not sure how to explain what I liked about him... in part it's because I admire his strength of character in not being tempted by the ring, which is why the changes to his character in the movies (TTT, anyway) irritated me. I liked the contrast between him and his brother; both how Boromir was tempted by the ring while Faramir wasn't, and the contrasts in their personalities (Boromir as the strong, proud, ambitious warrior, and Faramir as the quieter, gentler, and more peaceful man who was constantly being overshadowed by his brother). Also his relationship with Eowyn. Although admittedly it's been quite awhile since I've read the books, so I'm a bit iffy on that assessment...
7. Naruto Gaara, guessed by bronzejarith.
8. House House, guessed by bk635. Yeah, pretty typical answer, but he really does steal the show... and kudos to BK for also guessing my second favourite, Wilson. ^_^
9. Smallville Lex, guessed by garran. What can I say, I like morally ambiguous characters...
10. Full Metal Alchemist Roy, guessed by bk635.
Babylon 5 is notably missing from the list because there is no way that I can choose between them... I love pretty much everyone on it equally. ^_^
| You scored as TenTen. |
You’re TenTen, a weapon specialist.
You’re pretty and sweet, but one shouldn’t take you just as a ditzy girl. Having mastered different weapons you’re quite dangerous. You fight for equality – after all, girls can be excellent ninjas too. Your goal is to be strong and respected.
Which Naruto ninja are you most like?
created with QuizFarm.com
Still panicking over tomorrow's English exam. And still really don't want to do anymore studying. ;_; Oh well, off to dinner soon and then I have to force myself to make some posts on the website and review some more of the poems... and read some of them. *cough*